July 28, 2012

Bye-bye Maui, hello Cali


Mr. Gadget and I are back from Maui and we are tired.  All that lounging around on lounge chairs--overlooking Molokai--can be exhausting.  But I'm battling through the jet lag long enough to post a few pictures.
There's Molokai under the clouds.
Pool owl on boogie board--for scaring away the nasty pooping egrets.
Some of the whimsical clay pieces by Maui artist,
Steve Smeltzer.
A view from inside the house looking out--through large sliding doors that open out to the gardens and the pool.  Occasionally, or so I heard, a bird flies in and sometimes he'll leave a little souvenir on the floor or the furniture.  See the sofa over on the left?  That's where I was sitting a few nights ago when I had a close encounter with a centipede.  He suddenly appeared on the pillow right next to my left shoulder.  You should have seen me spring to life.  The exterminator--who had made his rounds just before we arrived--was called the next day to return for a re-do.  And now the ants don't seem so bothersome.

So, the recent issue of Art Doll Quarterly came in the mail the other day, and they've issued a challenge to dollmakers to create a bride doll.  I'm going to give it some thought. Maybe I'll confer with Steve. In the meantime, I gotta finish my cat...a cat of the non-pooping variety.  They make the best kind of pets, don't they?

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I'm with you on the cat and best of luck with the bride doll, too. Lovely pictures and home as well....aloha. Judy and I visited at the Polliwog Reunion with a couple of older and younger alums from our torn down alma mater. Hail to thee.....aloha