March 13, 2012

Slithering along

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts and kind words. I'm finding it helpful to stick to my usual routine as much as possible, and that includes regular trips to the Treehouse.

I've set the hanger project aside for the moment and have moved on to the crocheted snake challenge.

Perhaps it looks more like a slug. Here's what I'm hoping it will look like eventually:

It's a little tricky because each round consists of slipped stitches and single crochets, and there's counting involved. And you know I'm not a math gal. And if there's something good on TV, I'm likely to sink into the crochet pit of despair.

This pattern is from a book of really cute crocheted critters.

I love the crab. It's my zodiac sign. But it looks even more tricky than the snake. That's why I'm practicing on Slithers. I've only ripped him out twice, and now it looks like I may have slipped slightly into that despair pit. It may be due to my habit of turning on that HLN channel and then trying to drink coffee, and maybe have a little snack at the same time, while endeavoring to count stitches. It's a fun project though and I hope I can finish him....before he bites me and I have to go back to hangers.

No comments: