March 16, 2012

Rocks in my head

I picked up this rock the other day when Mr. Gadget and I went to check out a new walking path in town.

I had in mind making another one of these:

Nice round rocks are not easy to find, unless you live near a river. At a beach not far from the Calcondo there are millions of them, but they're at the bottom of a steep hill. The climb back up is difficult, especially with a big bag o' rocks.

But the longer I look at this newly-found rock, the more I realize it's really more of a potato.

If only I'd gathered more of them I could've made a nice stew.

See that green felt the veggies are sitting on? I'm going to make jeweled doll slippers out of it. Whenever I'm in a fabric store, I keep my eyes out for a whimsical flannel print for another one of these:

Last week I found just the thing. I got enough to make two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Marcia. Thinking of you guys today. And I absolutely LOVE the idea of your 'stew'. Perhaps my personal chef (Bruce!) could take a few pointers from you. Thanks for the blog, cuz. It is seriously funny.