March 05, 2012

Home to roost....

....or to collect dust in the china cabinet.

Vinny arrived home a couple of days ago, and what a cushy trip he had! First class all the way. He was lovingly cocooned in bubble wrap and placed in the middle of a huge box surrounded by popcorn. Next time I fly across the country that's how I want to go.

I'm continuing my work on the hanger project.

Single crochet 9 across, turn, single crochet 9 across, turn....till it fits all the way around the hanger. Mindless crochet. Calming. Just what I need right now.

I decided, rather than using 2 wire hangers held together like Grandma did, I'd find something to wrap a single hanger with that would also add some padding. Terry cloth is not the right choice....unless I like being covered with snow....which I don't.

I ran out of yarn while crocheting the orange and yellow strip above, but not to worry. I have some socks made out of this yarn....somewhere. I never liked them much. Not particularly comfortable as I remember. When I find them, I'll start ripping and I'll transform them into a set of pretty hangers. It won't be long before I'll have a festive closet. Wouldn't Grandma be proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! Vinny sure has personality. What strikes me as funny, is I recently had a long conversation about wine making with a guy named Vinny. Vinny's vino (homemade) was pretty good!

Jen