March 31, 2012

A little ramble

Do you ever get on the internet and go for a little techno-joyride? You know, like when there's nothing special you're looking for, so you just head off in some random direction and you end up somewhere interesting....and that leads you somewhere else.....and that leads you to another somewhere else. That happened to me a couple of days ago.

On my ramble I discovered a wonderful dollmaker who is all about whimsy. While browsing through the patterns she has for sale, I happened upon one for some charming little birds. And as luck would have it, she was offering that pattern for free. So right away I sent off my email request, and very soon it landed in my in box.

This is just the pattern for scraps and doodads and little bits of bright threads and crazy yarns. I pulled out a few pieces from my fabric stash that I thought would make fanciful little bird bodies.

I love it when I find something fun to make that uses up leftovers. Kinda like mystery stew.

I can hardly wait to start in on some bird-building, but unfortunately it will have to wait until Mr. Gadget and I get back. I'll tell you where we're headed in my next post. And if you're thinking Brooklyn.....fuggetaboutit...

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Two thumbs up!