June 30, 2011

Where's the shortcake?


It wasn't long ago that
I was addicted to bird-making
and feared I might have to sign myself into
The Betty Bird Clinic.
Now I find myself hopelessly addicted to
making strawberries.
If I don't find some way to stop myself soon
I'll be checking into the Betty Berry Clinic.
I know for a fact that it's located in California.
It's out there in the desert near Palm Springs.
They call that state the land of fruits and nuts you know.
Since I'll be in California soon
I could get there lickety-split.
I could work on my addiction while
Mr. Gadget takes a few golf lessons.
The walls were starting to close in on me this morning.
I had to hurry down to Joann's as soon as they opened
to replenish my stash
of beads and beading needles.
Now I'm running low on red felt.
But I know there's lots of red felt in the Calcondo--
leftovers from ladybug production
and Valentine hearts.
I hope I can hold out till then.
If I can just make a few more strawberries
I'll have a whole bowlful to share
with the Calcondo curmudgeons
at the 4th of July picnic.
It's important to be neighborly.
I hope someone brings ice cream.

No comments: