June 22, 2011

Bawdy beautiful

Here's The Bawdy One in her nearly-done preposterousness. I've been working on her while I sit here at a disappointing road block that's impeding my progress on the contest doll. More on that later.


She's been a hoot to work on, not to mention a nice diversion from the road trip I was not sure I was up for in the first place. The original plan for Miss Bawdy was to give her a witch hat and an unusual witch costume, but that plan morphed into a fluffy little woman with some joie de vivre. She needs some finishing touches, and then she will reappear with a suitable, and maybe even lustful, limerick.


Meanwhile, as the contest doll sits in the corner, I'm considering alternate routes. The problem stems from my inappropriate use of paint. I thought the manufacturer of the craft paint was true to his word when he labeled the bottle Flesh. Not so. It's flesh alright, but more the skin tone one might expect from a malfunctioning tanning salon. So I added white to the flesh and painted him again. Not much better. Then I got smart and added flesh to the white, and now he looks like he's ready for a ride to the morgue. I will be contemplating this dilemma today, and I'm sure the frustrating barricades will be removed soon.

In other news, I'm excited about two new activities I'll be spearheading in the fall. So unlike me. I'm usually one to go places, sit in the back, and keep my mouth shut. I'm not sure what's come over me. One of these activities is actually a joint effort that I'm planning with another condo resident. She and I will be starting up a weekly craft group. The other is a writing group I've volunteered to lead at the local senior center. I believe all of us elders have wonderful stories to tell, and they should be documented for future family members. Early response has been positive for both.

Looks like the traffic is starting to move, so I'd best get back on the road. I'll check in at the next rest stop. I hope there's coffee.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Where are you off to? And tell me more about this craft group....