June 10, 2011

Hail as big as hamburgers

We had quite a storm here in Macaroniville yesterday afternoon. At one point I considered going down to the cellar, especially when that hamburger hail started pelting the windows, but then I remembered we don't have a cellar. We have a basement, and I don't think they're the same thing. Basements are for storing all the stuff your kids don't want but might want someday, and cellars are for storing wine. If we were buying this condo again, there's little doubt which one of the two I'd vote for.

So I got my shovel fixed, and while I'm waiting for the clay to dry I decided to dig a little deeper in my closet.

I found these placemats I embroidered long ago. I only did 3, but I have fabric for a 4th.

Apparently I ran out of steam before I finished the project, and I really don't have much steam for it now. I'll put one away and just use 2 for Mr. Gadget and me. It's about time to retire the ugly red plastic woven ones I bought at the dollar store.


Maybe I'll use them for dinner tonight. We'll be eating leftover Chinese. That's because last night I pretended we lost power. I told Mr. Gadget that I was only going to do pretend-cooking, and it wasn't long before he very graciously offered to go for Chinese take-out.

No comments: