June 28, 2011

Crafty sweetness

I'll admit, I've been short on blog fodder lately, so I made a strawberry just to have something to blog about. I've been so busy working on the contest doll--the one that must be kept under wraps for now--that I've had little time for anything else. It seemed like a good time for a little break, though, because I was starting to walk that fine line between he's just fine the way he is, and overworking him into ridiculousness. I'm happy with him now that I was able to find a better skin tone. Here's a little peek:


Yep. Just a little glimpse for now. If he wins any accolades, you will be the first to know--after Mr. Gadget. In the meantime, I'll be thinking up some other whimsical stuff to involve myself with just to keep you entertained.


So back to the strawberry. It's made with felt and beads. The pattern is here on the very talented Abby's blog. I think a dozen or so of these would look nice in a large glass bowl...with a big dollop of whipped cream. I put a hanging string on it so it qualifies as an ornament. You could even hang one from your rearview mirror with some sweet-smelling goodness inside---so much more pleasant than those little pine-tree thingies. People will no doubt leave little notes on your windshield asking where you got yours. Just tell them it was made by a crazy lady who was suffering from blog-fodderlessness.

So Mr. Gadget and I are starting to gear up for our summer trip out west. We've been doing this long enough now that we have it down to an almost-exact science. The suitcases come out a few days ahead of our departure. Mr. Gadget puts a couple of books and an extra pair of shoes in his suitcase.....since he already has a west-coast supply of clothes and toiletries. Since I never know what size I'll be from trip to trip, I must pack clothes. And then I use the vast amount of excess space in Mr. G's suitcase for my craft supplies and whatever else I think I might need. He never complains. What's my secret for this matrimonial harmony, you ask? The man loves apple pie. When he starts getting cranky, I bake. I wonder if he'd like strawberry pie for a change? I should have a good crop soon...

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Cute!