January 03, 2011

Bloggy Versary


I must have slept right through my 5th Blogiversary. I'm not sure how that happened, but I have been taking lots of naps in my chair lately. The holidays took a lot out of me, and then there was the blizzard. And Mr. Gadget's football-watching. That right there is enough to put a gal to sleep. Oh, and the UConn women's basketball team ending it's 90-game winning streak. I just fell into a complete stupor after that.
But I'm back now, and Mr. Gadget and I will be spending the week getting ready for another winter getaway to the Calcondo. We'll be leaving Saturday.
I have many assignments to complete before we leave. One is to make mail-forwarding arrangements with the post office. That's easy. Freddie, the ever-efficient postal clerk, is usually more than willing to finish filling out the form for me when I leave blanks because of my faulty memory. I should probably take him some home-baked cookies.
Another of my assignments is to work the refrigerator down. Since we often have several days between a trash pick-up and our departure, I've devised a plan that works well for disposing of those last bits of leftovers. I drop little grocery bags, tied up nice and neatly, in trash receptacles around town. Sometimes I'll cruise through a gas station and drop one by the windshield washer stuff. The fast-food places are good too. I've even been known to deposit one at the airport rental-car drop off. So far I've remained undetected in my stealthy little scheme.....and I'm sure none of you would ever blow my cover...
It's hard to believe I've managed to find things to blog about for all these years. Many bloggers I know have given up long before this. Some say they've run out of things to say. That won't happen to me any time soon. That's because when the subject matter gets a little lean, I'll just invent stuff. Like for instance, here's a little story.
Today Mr. Gadget sold his expensive sports car. He's planning to give the proceeds to charity. Well, that last part is an invention. The part about the sale is not. After he sold it, I drove him to the bank to deposit the check. Then, after we got home, I slowed down to a 10-mph crawl and told him to get out. I told him I'd see him later and that I was going shopping to celebrate. As I sped off down the road I could see him in my rear view mirrow shaking his fists and stomping his feet. I coulda come home with quite a haul I'll tell ya, but I held myself back. I only went to Joann's with my 40% coupon. He's a lucky guy...

2 comments:

Marge Malwitz said...

You stealthy garbage depositor & a very creative one! You always leave me smiling by the last line!
Will you be bloging from the Calicondo - I'll see!

Kathy W said...

LOL. Have a good trip to the Calcondo!