January 08, 2011

Anatomy lab

Remember yesterday's post--wherein I showed you my latest crocheted flower before the felting process?
Here it is post-felting:My washing machine did a good job. The only problem is, sadly, this flower looks more like brain matter than anything botanical. In fact, Mr. Gadget has identified the frontal lobe. I'll try it again, with fewer stitches, to see if I can produce something that looks less like a lab specimen.
The snow has moved on and, as it happens, our original flight took off on schedule today. But we aren't feeling too depressed about it because yesterday the big snowstorm closed down the interstate that runs through town and we would have had big delays getting our rental car for the trip to the airport.
Here's a picture I took last night out our back door:
Here's one I took this morning:
This might make a nice dessert. Maybe I'll drizzle some raspberry sauce over it, cut it into slices, and invite the neighbors over for a going-away party.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Google "cockscomb". That's what you made and it IS a flower! Put a bunch of those on a felted purse....outstanding! Have a good flight!