January 16, 2011

Summer

I would have written sooner, but I've been busy. Summer snuck in when I wasn't looking and someone had to sit in the beach chair. Mr. Gadget and Tech Guy decided to take a stroll down the beach and left me alone--with my Thanksgiving knee--for some quiet time. I enjoyed every minute.

There's not much new in my crafty world other than more of the same. I continue to knit mini-sweaters, all the while looking for a support group to help me get a handle on my addiction.

I also continue to crochet flowers, though not with the same compulsion as with the mini-sweater knitting.

I felted a couple of purple flowers in the western washer, but without the same good results as I got with the eastern one. So I will pack up the unfelted flowers in my suitcase and take them back to the washer with which they have a better rapport.

I plan to start a sewing project soon--a simple jacket that can be sewn in one day, or so the pattern designer promises. I just have to find the pattern. It's here someplace. I found some fabric a few months ago when the Joann's store in my neighborhood was having a moving sale. It's a bold print and should make a festive jacket for a cruise. After all, cruise clothes--in my opinion--are merely costumes. Just about anything goes on a cruise.
I should have just enough time to finish it before sail-away.

2 comments:

Marge Malwitz said...

I missed laughing! thanks-those last 2 pictures are a hoot! You are missing all the snow! We fly west on Wed. Tomorrow night 'it's' supposed to start again. they say clear for Wed. More snow on wekend. What we're going to miss a good snow storm! :-0
Keep posting!

Marcia said...

If you weren't such a nice person, I could really hate you about now. I am so SICK of snow. Couldn't even use the snowshoes in this last one as it was too deep! One of those charming "winter mixes" predicted for Tuesday, and rumors of a "nor'easter" on Friday or so. Only halfway through Jan, and still have the worst two (in terms of normal snow) to come. Not gonna make it.

Had a nice trip to WEBS yesterday...yessir, yessir, two bags full! Oh, and I'll trade you those ants for the invasion of the field mice we've been having since these snowstorms!