January 19, 2011

Festive, or maybe just plain garish

Today I cut out the festive jacket, but not until after I'd done some serious cogitating. Those measurements they put on patterns are never my measurements. I usually hover around their bust and waist measurements, but the hips.....don't even ask. What to do....what to do....
Since the jacket is a swing style, I finally decided the hip measurement wasn't too critical and just went with the size suggested for the boobs and muffin top, I mean the bust and waist.

I like the longer of the two jackets, but since I'm kind of a shorty I thought it might look better in the shorter version. I will go with the longer sleeves however.

I think this print will be festive enough, don't you? I'll start the sewing sometime in the next couple of days, and I'll let you know if it's truly a 3-hour jacket as advertised.

Well, it's always something isn't it? Mr. Gadget, who is now serving on one of the Concondo association committees, has received emails concerning the snow on the roofs. Seems some of the roofs are leaking because of the heavy snow load. So we thought it best to send out a scout. It's not the first time we've sent someone scouting. Isn't this a new condo that should be worry-free? That's certainly what we bargained for when we decided to give up the constant-worry old house for the stress-free new retirement condo.

The scout, efficient as usual, reported back that we were in luck......no water had seeped in.

We have no worries with the old 1960's-era Calcondo. We do have the occasional ant visitors. And the termite tenting took care of those little beasts that threatened to level the place if allowed to run rampant. But certainly never any snow loads.

So today I stopped in at Joann's to use my 50% coupon that expires tomorrow. I figured I'd buy some new scissors. And don't you know, they were on sale, so I couldn't use the darn coupon. I hate when that happens and it happens often. So, I guess I'll just have to go back tomorrow...

2 comments:

Marcia said...

That leaking business doesn't have much to do with how new or how well built, believe me. We are holding our breath and crossing fingers here and the weather guessers are forecasting MORE SNOW! It's just been an unusual winter, both in snow amounts and no thaws. Whatever happened to January thaws? Must be that global warming.....

Kathy W said...

Fight global warming with central air conditioning.

Is the jacket complete?