January 12, 2011

Now that's more like it!

Mr. Gadget and I arrived on the west coast and just in the nick of time. Sounds like another big snowstorm has hit the northeast and are we ever sorry to miss it....

Our flight was a little different than usual. It was an hour late departing, and then we had to make a fuel stop in Las Vegas because of strong head winds. Mr. G. and I didn't really complain about it though, since neither of us had been to Las Vegas since our wedding there almost 30 years ago. I know things have probably changed quite a bit since then, but we couldn't tell. It was dark and we were both in middle seats (thanks to the last-minute change) and forbidden from getting up after the captain announced it would be a quick stop.

So now we're here in the Calcondo getting settled in. Mr. Gadget scurried around getting all of the tech gadgets up and running and made sure the car started and had fully-inflated tires. I set to work vacuuming up the ants--those that bit the dust after we cleared out of the place in August. That was a fairly taxing chore, after which I had to sit and relax with some crocheting.

By the way, my friend and knitting buddy other Marcia commented on my last post that the brain matter was actually a perfect rendition of a cockscomb--a garden flower of the genus Celosia. She said I might consider pinning it to a purse. I like that idea. So much better than just shoving it in a specimen jar.

So now I'm crocheting a few more flowers, but with fewer stitches, in hopes they'll look more like roses.
Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday morning we had an earthquake. It was a 3.0 and centered not too far from here. No big deal though....just a little jolt. There is often an earthquake while we're here. We somehow bring them on. I don't mind a little shaking. It's a small price to pay to be in a blizzard-free zone.

2 comments:

Marge Malwitz said...

Well with gadgets & cars working, ants vcuumed up, and the earthquake out of the way...have fun & keep bloggiing so I know what you guys are doing. So glad you missed the storms with the plane ride. We head to west coast next wed and last I looked they said snow showers midweek.

Marcia said...

Imagine me giving you a very large "raspberry" right now on that weather report! We have no more room for snow in our yard. None. It's too deep for my snowshoes, for Pete's sake!