August 23, 2010

Pink elephant

Mr. Gadget and I are back at the Concondo after a great flight yesterday, and a not-so-great drive home from the airport. I will just say that Mr. G. decided not to wait in a long line at the bridge we usually take (lanes closed for construction) and he set off on an odyssey instead.

But now we are home, and here's what appeared outside our windows this morning in the daylight:
It's quite festive here in the Treehouse. I'll let you know if they put up a circus tent.

I couldn't wait to get back in the Treehouse. I guess it's like people who can't wait to get back in the saddle, but I wouldn't know. I haven't been fond of horses ever since Daisy, the one I rode long ago, decided to gallop.

I have two pilgrim dolls--a special order--that should be on the front burner, but the disheveled morning lady has been demanding attention. Today I made the collar for her jammies and started a crocheted edging.

I'm not thrilled with that big panda print on the small collar, but decided to go with it since it matches the rest of the jammies and I couldn't come up with a better alternative.

While I was in SoCal I received my invitation to the annual Columbus Day craft fair at the old hotel--the one I took part in last year. It's always nice to get invited back again because I'm usually my own worst fan. So I'll be gathering up the characters I have on-hand, and making a few new ones. This will give me something to look forward to and will distract me from dwelling on the appointment for my annual physical where I'll be expected to present my Medicare card for the very first time. What a sobering thought.

Well, gotta run. I think I hear clown horns.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

No jet lag either? Neat collar work, there.....!