August 13, 2010

Pajama party

I haven't done as much sewing and crafty stuff as I had planned during our SoCal stay, but I did make some jammies and feet to attach to the bunny slippers. Oh there I go......I've given away one of my dollmaking secrets. My dolls don't have actual legs. Just insinuated legs.
The rest of the doll will have to be imagined, since I won't be finishing it until I get back to the Treehouse.
I had hoped to get my clay out to do a few things, and I may still do something. My plan is for Disheveled Morning Lady to be holding a coffee cup and that should be easy and quick to do. I also want to make a larger-than-my-usual cloth witch doll with a clay face. Maybe a monsoon of motivation will blow through. I can't imagine what that would be like. My friend, Arizona Barbara--who moved from SoCal a few years ago, tells me once or twice a year they get ready for monsoon season and I'm usually relieved to be in Connecticut taking my chances with blizzards.
So after I wrote my last post--wherein I mentioned giving away my cooking pots--I was reminded of a time when I created a mnemonic device to help Tech Guy remember the names of the Central American countries for a Social Studies test. Unlike Mr. G and Big City Girl, who can both read and remember just about anything, Tech Guy and I usually require silliness.
Many Grasshoppers Have Nice Cooking Pots
I don't remember what we did about Belize and El Salvador. They were the two rebellious countries that refused to get in line with the others. Maybe Tech Guy had to memorize those the old-fashioned way, you know, by writing them on his hand.

No comments: