July 12, 2010

Tidying up


Mr. Gadget and I are cleaning up after a blizzard of relatives blew through over the weekend, and things are slowly returning to normal. There have been no crafting opportunities, and there probably won't be for a day or two, as we are planning to take in a wonderful southern California cultural event later today.
The condo travel club is sponsoring a bus trip to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach and, very surprisingly, there were still seats available when we inquired. This is a unique presentation wherein great art masterpieces are recreated using real people. It's been a summer tradition since the 1930's. We are excited to finally get to see it, even though the bus will not return until midnight which is way past our bedtime.
So tomorrow, after I'm rested up from the late night, I'll plan to get some crafty supplies out and start on something. I found a couple of clay witch heads in the drawer, so there's a possibility. I also found a stack o' fabric I bought last time I was here--another possibility. I may try to work out a pattern for doll-sized bunny slippers. And who knows? Maybe I'll just take a nap. Sometimes a really good blizzard can knock a gal off her feet for a few days. One day in a lounge chair with a good book and a tasty drink can do wonders for an aging body and spirit.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Oh boy, been a long time since I saw the Pageant of the Masters in ancient history (early 1970's) for the only time I ever saw it. Looking forward to some reportage on the current version!