July 17, 2010

All things vintage

It's been such a whirlwind of excitement around the Calcondo lately I almost forgot about the blog.
First, there was my birthday.
I won't tell you how old I am, but I will say that I now qualify for ALL of the senior citizen discounts. I don't think I look too bad for my age if I do say so. That's thanks to turtlenecks that disguise my turkey neck, capris that cover my varicose veins, long sleeves that conceal my ever-growing crop of age spots, and my wonderful hairdresser who magically makes the gray disappear. I wonder how long I can keep up this charade?

Mr. Gadget suggested a nice birthday stroll on the beach, so we merged into the long string of strollers already strolling, and followed along.
Along the way, we observed the many colors of summer.
And before I forget I should tell you we had a wonderful time on our trip to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach.


I made good use of these vintage opera glasses that once belonged to my grandparents. Not once did I asked Mr. Gadget if I could borrow his high-tech binocs.

And today I enjoyed the last of my birthday gifts. Mr. G offered to chauffeur me to my favorite discount fabric store and wait patiently for as long as I wanted to shop. That last part was what made this gift so special. Mr. Gadget gets antsy waiting for red lights.

So I'm all stocked up on fabric for.....oh, maybe 20 years. Now I should probably make something. But before I open up the ol' sewing machine maybe I'll take a stroll down to Baskin Robbins and see if they have a senior citizen discount....


1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Happy Birthday to you!