July 22, 2010

Cactus wisdom

I'm always intrigued when I walk by this cactus with the flowering plant growing up among it's thorny leaves. It's a lot like life. Sometimes you get beautiful blooms and sometimes you get prickly thorns. Right now things are a little thorny, but I'm steadfast in my resolve to stay on the sidewalk where the prickers won't get me.
Besides that, we've got ants. Mr. Gadget even found some in the bed. But they're nothing a little Raid won't cure. And the Raid does a nice job of covering up the aroma of a skunk that often passes by our open window in the wee hours of the morning. I think that's what you call a win-win situation.
This recent bout of thorniness has slowed down my craftiness, since I've never been one to handle more than one thing at a time. Sometimes I wish I'd learned to juggle. I did, however, start work on a bunny slipper and I think with a slight bit of tweaking it will work fine for my new doll--the disheveled morning lady.
I 'll look for some small pompons to use for the nose instead of embroidery, and some beads for the eyes. Maybe I should plan ahead and make a foot to try on for size before going further. No bunions though.....although it would be kinda funny, wouldn't it? I've never had a bunion. Maybe they aren't so funny. But now that I'm a senior citizen, I probably have those to look forward to.....along with movie discounts, early-bird specials, and more naps in my recliner.

No comments: