July 25, 2010

Dinner and stuff

I've shared here before about how I don't much like to cook. Every once in a while is fine, but I don't like to cook everyday. I have no end of sewing and knitting ideas, but when it comes to preparing menu plans I'm pretty much out to lunch...
One of the things I do cook on occasion is chicken enchiladas. I just throw things in a skillet, cook it a while, wrap it in some corn tortillas, cover it with some stuff and after 45 minutes in the oven it's fiesta time at our house. It lasts for a couple of dinners at least. It's funny how I'm getting just like my late mother-in-law. If someone were to ask for my recipe, I wouldn't have a clue.
So I just glued-up a pair of bunny slippers. That's a woodworking term I learned from Mr. Gadget. Sometimes it translates well to sewing. I had planned to sew the pompom bunny noses to the slippers, but it just seemed like glue might work better. And while I'm waiting for the glue to dry, I've been browsing some crafty websites. I love these cloth baskets. They look fairly simple to make. I have plenty of fun fabric on hand.....Lord knows. But I may have to make another trip to the fabric store for some interfacing--the stuff that makes the baskets stand upright. Maybe I'll make a couple of these for Big City Girl. She'll be moving into a new apartment soon. They might be handy for some of her stuff. She's like me; she collects stuff.
Then there's this neat little zipper bag that a friend told me about. This would hold even more stuff.....maybe stuff you want to keep secret--what with the zipper and all. Looks like a good place to hide a few See's Candies coffee walnut caramels if you ask me.....

No comments: