May 29, 2010

Just hangin'

Mr. Gadget and I are spending a quiet Memorial Day weekend at home. Today we finally got around to hanging some pictures on our naked dining room wall. This was the final step in a long process mostly due to my procrastinating.
I purchased frames and mattes, and had some of our travel photos enlarged. Mr. Gadget got his picture-hanging gadgets out--the most important one being the level--and we collaborated. He operated the tools and I provided the eyeball assessment. The result is what I call a pleasant gallery arrangement. Here's a better look:

That's Copenhagen on top, Funchal (Madeira) and Barcelona.
After the picture-hanging event ended, I decided to assemble my new as-seen-on-TV Smart Mop. I was sucked in by its promise of "no bending over."
What a relief to finally throw my old stupid mop in the dumpster. Well, not so fast. I think I'll keep it till I make sure the smart one has the IQ its makers promise. It is kinda cute, though, with it's yellow flouncy skirt.
And since this blog post has no real rhyme or reason, other than to keep me busy while Mr. Gadget is watching a bunch of science shows, here's something I've been thinking of doing. I think I'll go down to the emergency room at the local hospital and conduct a survey. I'd like to know what percentage of patients who visit the ER have injuries they've received trying to get into the hard plastic packaging on all manner of products these days. It just doesn't seem right that one must have a hack saw to open a package of deli turkey.
I have to hand it to those Smart Mop folks and their colorful cardboard box with the easy-open top. They really understand that when a gal's gotta mop nothing should stand in her way.

4 comments:

Kathy w said...

Do so agree about some packaging these days--I feel like a real weakling when I just can't get through the packaging to the product!

Kathy W said...

And your pictures are so cool!

Marcia said...

I'm so glad you had some of those photos enlarged! First, they were great photos, but don't you think enlarging and framing them makes them so much more, I don't know, important and memorable?

Agree on that ghastly packaging...there ought to be a law! As for the mop, I've tried them all and have come up with a new system for my laminate floors. I use the Swiffer mop but stick a white washcloth (those bulk things from Costco which can be washed and bleached) and do the floors with Windex. This is the only system I've tried that cleans, dries quickly (I dry each section with a dry washcloth before using it to wash the next section), and doesn't streak the laminate.

Marge Malwitz said...

Marcia-what fun to get on your blog and scroll down and down and down & see what you've been up to -dow at the end of the block!!
Hey I agree about the packaging thing-very annoying opening those things-WHY!!!!????
Love the phots you hung today-beautiful memories?