May 23, 2010

Celebration

We've had lots to celebrate here at the Macaroni headquarters. We even indulged in a marguerita toast. That's because Mr. Gadget finished the curio thingie.
Here, he makes one last measurement before affixing it to the Treehouse.

Monkey tries on his cubby for size and ponders who his neighbors might be. He hopes they will be quiet and dignified, and will offer him an occasional dinner invitation.
It's a perfect fit. That's because Mr. Gadget has an assortment of gadgets for accurate measuring.
It eagerly awaits the arrival of curios.And here it is, in full flower one might say. I wasn't sure I'd have sufficient curios to max out the thingie, but fortunately I had some yarn balls, thread spools, a couple of thimbles and some flower pots to serve as stand-ins until more qualified curios could be found. Traveling is a good way to procure curios, don't you think? I must start planning.

Meanwhile, I'm going to consider new projects for Mr. Gadget. He's rather harmless when he's in his basement workshop--with the efficient buffer-zone between us. Oh, I'm just kidding of course! I was so tickled with the curio thingie that, as a thank-you, I told him he could grill me a burger for dinner.

No comments: