May 04, 2010

A fine Tuesday, well, except for the drilling

I spent one long delightful hour in the dentist's chair today. I thought I'd finally made it through the cavity-prone years but I guess not. When exactly does that happen? At least my dentist is a gentle and friendly man. During one of my last visits, he and his assistant kept up a steady banter about TV reality shows. They divulged so many details that there was no need for me to fret about having missed them--not that I would have watched them anyway. But they were mum on the subject today, which makes me wonder if the shows are in hiatus--or better yet, canceled...
The weekend was nice, although a little too hot for my early-May tastes. Mr. Gadget fired up his new BBQ on both days. The neighbors came over to marvel, and friends came for dinner. I praised his grilling skills in hopes he'll cook again next weekend--or even before.
While he grilled, I blew bubbles. Here's a word of caution: if you decide to try this, be sure to determine the wind direction first and blow that way. This little bit of whimsy brought on more marveling by the neighbors. I'm sure they thought we were babysitting. I'm easily amused.

I finished the American flag for Uncle Sam, but now I've decided it needs another star or two. There's not nearly enough space for 50, so a nice little scattering of stars will have to suffice.
On my last trip to the fabric store, where I went solely for quilting supplies, I ended up making an impulsive, non-quilting purchase.
This cute cat fabric reached out and clawed me. After I got home I found the orange stripey fabric in my stash and thought what a great bow tie that would make. I can already hear him meowing at the door.
Well, enough for this time. I have more recuperating to do from the drilling. Maybe a nice chocolate milkshake would help.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I wish I could get Terry interested in grilling again...he says those days are over. Love the cat fabric!