May 08, 2010

Cats and other curiosities

I have a special fondness for cats in cats. I like cats in bugs too.
This guy is almost finished; he still needs a tail. There's a good explanation for this tail omission. He used to be dressed in polka dots before I insisted on changing his costume. He was sadly lacking a tail then too. Since the tail is the last body part I install--I sew it on in a special way which I can't possible divulge because it's one of my trade secrets--I usually put it in a safe place till I'm ready for it. But long story short, now I can't find it. I seem to have forgotten the password. I'm sure it will turn up....most likely after I've purchased more fabric and finished the replacement.

So Mr. Gadget is out shopping for wood as I type. He's going to make me a curio shelf thingie for the Treehouse. I say thingie because I don't know exactly how else to describe it. It will hang on the wall and contain many little cubbyholes. I don't think of myself as a collector--other than the stash, of course. It just seems that somehow, over the years, a collection has found me.
There is an array of little critters that were too cute to pass up.
And small pieces of my handiwork.
There's a nice sampling of priceless artwork by Tech Guy and Big City Girl--"The Early Years."
And a few things I want to save for my old age, because you never know.....

"Do you have enough curios to fill a curio cabinet?" asked Mr. Gadget, before heading out to Home Depot.

"Are you kidding?" I shot back. "I have more than enough. In fact, you might have to make me another cabinet to handle the curioverflow...

No comments: