January 21, 2010

Squirrel hunting

I may have related this story before. I had a friend in Connecticut whose husband used to say there was only one thing that worked to calm him down, even his keel, set him straight, and realign his tires from the stresses and strains of everyday life. Squirrel hunting.
This is my version of squirrel hunting. I've already been to two fabric stores--I didn't bother to mention this but I'm sure you figured as much--so I'm well-stocked with ammunition.

My plan is to set up an anatomy lab wherein I will make body parts. These will be easy to transport back to the treehouse for use later in my dollmaking assembly line. But first I'm going to make a few doll outfits. I think that yellow sunflower print will be just the thing for a busy bee. The craft fair lady at the old hotel is threatening to have a spring show this year (the first annual) and I want to be ready. And since I'm always hopeful that my creations will "fly right out the door," I might as well make a few of the flying kind. It couldn't hurt to give them an edge over the competition.

The rain continues.
And as we like to say when it rains in Connecticut, "If this was snow we'd have 50 feet by now."

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Woodchuck hunting works pretty well, too. Sorry about all that rain....just don't send it east! Although, some snow would be nice.

Stefanie said...

Wow that IS a lot of rain! And I really like the witch head!