January 20, 2010

A good read

For the last few months I've been writing a story with my 8-year-old niece who lives in Wichita. I would write a section, mail it to her, she would write her part and mail it back.
I finally finished the story yesterday, put it in a colorful binder, and mailed it off to her. It would have been done much sooner had I not decided to embellish it with some illustrations.

I may have gotten a little carried away.

I hope she likes it. I also hope she might want to do another story sometime in the future.....but only after I've had a little clay fix or even a cruise.

So Mr. Gadget and I have been busy doing some re-arranging of furniture here in the Calcondo, and some fix-it jobs. We moved a rattan sofa from the master bedroom to the living room, and banished an old recliner chair to the garage for temporary storage. Then we moved my computer and table into the master bedroom, and put a small 4' x 2' table in the guest room for my sewing machine. Mr. G then assembled a comfy steno chair for my computer area, and a cute little set of drawers (Office Depot) for my crafty supplies.

You're probably thinking it's all about me. Not really. Next, he replaced two toilet seats. They were almost antiques--which was fine with us, but we feared our guests might look askance. Mr. G, who normally utters more than a few expletives when doing jobs around the house, was remarkably quiet when he discovered the two jobs would only require the use of a wrench and not the dreaded hacksaw.

And did I mention, we've had rain? Yesterday I decided to forge the back patio on my way to the car to do a few errands. After all, it was only rain.

I got as far as the first intersection, found it flooded and nearly impassable, decided I really didn't need stew meat, and returned home. It was nothing a good rain plow couldn't have handled....

1 comment:

marcia said...

You are turning into one of those whimpy Cahleeforneeans who can't take a little rain! Book looks very cute....love the cat!