November 21, 2009

Snornament

You've really got to hand it to Mr. Gadget. He's always looking for ways to expand the lexicon.

Here is ol' Snornie--still a work-in-progress.I'm also continuing to work on dolls for the upcoming craft fair. I'll be delivering them to the hotel next Saturday in all their finery, plus a little essence of turkey and giblet gravy. It's the extra touches that make the difference.

Oh, and did I mention how QUIET it is around here? And hardly any traffic. I must be living out in the country. Where are the cows?

So yesterday I set out for the grocery store with only part of the week's meals planned, and on the way I had a bright idea. Maybe I would make a pizza. Surely there would be instructions on the Internet. I know the store sells pizza dough, but I couldn't find it, so I asked the nice man behind the bakery counter.

"Yes, we have it," he said. "It's in the basket in front of you. Right there on the bottom shelf. Over a little to your right. Right there. Just look down. In the basket." Sometimes I'm a little slow.

When I got home, I told Mr. Gadget I was planning to make a pizza for dinner. He looked a little skeptical. "The only way to make pizza is to call Domino's and have it delivered," he said. Well. That just fired me up for the challenge.

It wasn't round, but it was tasty. Nice crisp crust, lots of pepperoni and anchovies, fresh mushrooms, green peppers, red onion and garlic. Mr. Gadget had seconds for dinner last night and more for lunch today.

The secret to a good marriage is a little like the secret to a good baseball game when your ace pitcher is on the mound. He throws a few fast balls and he throws a few curves. And every now and then he serves up a knuckle ball.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm crushed....you didn't call ME for the recipe?! I have a foolproof dough that takes maybe five minutes to make, and all the other essentials!

Kathy W said...

Yummy (no anchovies, please)!!!