November 24, 2009

Shoe sale

Yesterday I finished three angel dolls and today I decided to take them shoe shopping. I had planned for just a quick trip to the mall for the shoes with a short stop for coffee and crumpets.... so I'd be home in plenty of time to get a head start on Thanksgiving preparations. Boy, was I wrong. You'd have thought this blessed trio was buying one pair of shoes to last them through all of eternity.
The Pink One (no, I haven't come up with names yet..... I'm awaiting divine guidance) really dilly-dallied, and gave the salesman quite a workout. She finally decided on some cute little pink pumps with gold beads.


The Blue One is just like me. She hates to shop. I had to drag her kicking and screaming, and finally had to bribe her with chocolate.

I finally convinced her it just wasn't seemly for angels to go barefoot, so she reluctantly selected this little burgundy pair with silver beads to match the butterfly on her wings.
The Red One was actually quite delightful. A real breath of fresh air.
She chose the first pair she tried on--in sensible brown with fashionable gold beads.....
.....then she proceeded to chat up the shoe salesman with fantastic stories of her angelic interventions....and then went into a detailed explanation of the angel frequent flyer program. I thought we'd never get out of there.

So now they're all befooted and ready for their big trip to the craft fair on Saturday. Meanwhile, I'll be preparing for the arrival of Tech Guy and Big City Girl, and stuffing the turkey and baking the pumpkin pie. I hope I have the right shoes for this festive, task-filled occasion. Maybe I'll just wear my bunny slippers....

2 comments:

Marcia said...

If you have any angels left after the sale, save one for me! No preferences!

Kathy W said...

Amazingly cute bloggin along with those angels of yours......