December 28, 2008

Santa found us!

Lucky for us, Santa found the note I taped to the old chimney with our new address. He arrived here in a sailing ship. There must have been a little bit of Santa magic involved, since we aren't anywhere near the ocean.
So, we're in the new digs and very pleased. I now have a garbage disposal, kitchen drawers that close by themselves, and comfort toilets. Oh, and I've found something else besides wallpapering that can put a marriage in jeopardy. Moving. When one partner has procrastination issues and the other might have just a tad bit of OCD, there can be fireworks. Thankfully, we chose the floor plan with the buffer zone.

Here's my new gourmet kitchen. Too bad I'm not a gourmet cook. Do you think it's too late? I've still got a few years before Meals-on-Wheels.See my lovely dining room? Heh, heh.... Tech Guy decided I needed a new photo-editing program and he told me it would be super easy to use. Big City Girl agreed. It's just that everyone left without considering my needs for in-house tech support.Here's our guard dog. He's an easy pet who loves wearing a nice, bright handknit scarf.BCG and TG were happy with their Christmas gifts: a mom-crocheted scarf and store-bought socks.

BCG taught me the joy of making pancakes from an aerosol can.

I'll be back soon with more pictures if I can reach Tech Guy, although right now I feel the need for a little break....preferably in a testosterone-free zone. Maybe I would do well with some fabric therapy. Did I mention there's a fabric store just 3.2 miles down the road?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful new home! What a happy new year it looks to be!