December 01, 2008

Calendar girl

For a while I've been thinking about having a calendar made with pictures of my dolls.

But as per my usual, I didn't plan ahead, so very few of my pictures are the right size. Nonetheless, I've decided to see what I can scrape together from my files.

By stepping outside the box and allowing a few crafty items, I think I can gather an interesting assortment.
Some will just be head shots, since I do seem to have a supply of those in appropriate sizes.


The sun embroidery should add plenty of color and will be a good choice for July.

Remember Mitzi? She'll be Miss October. Gotta love a gal with a diamond necklace and a spider on her cheek....

And Pierre insisted I include him. He'll be just right for November--the pigging-out month. He remains steadfast in his determination to keep those chocolate chips away from me.
December was an easy choice. Who else but Mr. Claus!



So there's a little preview. I'm feeling badly for Sister Mary Bodacious. She didn't make the cut. She's moved on in life and wasn't available for another photo shoot. But next year I'll be making her cousin, Sister Catherine Cantankerous. And I'll be better prepared to take proper-sized photos. Maybe I'll take her "on location" to our neighborhood church for a more realistic setting. I wonder if they'll let me in.....

I'm looking forward to having a new calendar. I hope I'll be brave enough to poke a hole in the new walls.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Are you going to sell them?

kathy b said...

I like your choices already!