January 18, 2008

Fog, revisited.....

I'm pleased to report that things are back to normal here weatherwise. It's another one of those 70 degree sunny days. But my fog blog apparently stirred up some memories for my old high school friend, Claudia, and prompted her to write me an email.

Seems Claudia has a driving-in-fog story too. The first time she got permission from her dad to use the car, she drove to a club meeting at school. When it was over and time to head for home, it was dark and foggy. In fact, she said it was pea soup fog which forced her to drive home with the driver's door open so she could glance out now and then to make sure she was staying on the proper side of the double yellow line. We didn't have cell phones back then, but we all had a curfew, so we did whatever it took to get home on time......so our parents wouldn't worry.

Here's some progress on the crocheted ripple afghan. It's the only thing I've been working on, what with the car-servicing appointment, various paperwork chores, Mr. Gadget's laundry requests, and grocery shopping with the pink-haired lady. I plan to get my sewing machine out today for a little work out, and to make sure no termites crawled inside to hide. I did cut out some of those travel tissue holder thingies before I left home and I'd like to get some done for gift-giving.

So maybe I'll get my sewing machine out as soon as I'm finished with this post. On second thought, maybe I'll make some soup instead.


It will remind me of my good friend Claudia, and all the fun times we had cruising around town in her Plymouth Valiant......back in the good ol' days.....

No comments: