October 26, 2007

Topsy Turvy

Things will be a little different in the Macaroni household this holiday season. We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving before Halloween. This all because Big City Girl told us some time ago she had plans to join Big City Boyfriend's family for an old-fashioned turkey day in the hills of Pennsylvania--just like the pilgrims did it, only with a hot tub.
Tech Guy, when he heard this, suggested maybe we could celebrate early. So both kiddies are coming tomorrow and I've sprung into action. Don't worry, no turkeys will be harmed. I'm cooking chicken.
And as I was returning from the grocery store I saw Henry the cat darting across the street from our house to his with what looked like a mouse. I guess the birds are but a memory.



Things are looking very Fall-like in the neighborhood, and the unseasonably warm temperatures we've been having are no more. We may get some use out of our fireplace tomorrow....which is a good thing, since Mr. G says our woodpile is starting to lean.


"How do you fix a leaning woodpile?" I asked naively, thinking maybe he'd have to get out the big floor jack to somehow bolster things up.......and remembering the last time he used that same gadget which then necessitated a trip to the ER.


"You build more fires," he said.


"Oh, that's a good idea," I said, suddenly feeling comforted by the fact that I wouldn't need to have sterile towels handy.
So I'm off to put out some festive holiday decorations, and then I'll make a pumpkin pie. I'd better have some food containers handy too, since TG and BCG will no doubt want to take some leftovers home. Oh, and I'd better hide the Halloween candy.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm panicked about Halloween, with the two little ones coming here as Home Base for T&T'ing! Couldn't handle an early Thanksgiving! Oh, did you hear? Morehouse Merino is closing the shop for good as of Monday! So sad, but they want to concentrate on the website sales. Pooh. Love your version of pumpkin pie: I have some fiber that looks like whipped cream!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been having a lot Henry cat sitings over there! And here I was thinking that he's been hanging around the house more as it gets cooler outside.

Jen