October 12, 2007

Colorful craftiness and more

So moving on from prunes........one of my favorite stops on the cruise was Guatemala. While I oogled and shopped, Mr. Gadget took photos of the local marketplace.
I'm not a very good negotiator. That's really more Mr. G's area of expertise. But there's apparently a law or something that says you can't pay full price for anything in a Central American flea market. And since Mr. G was operating the camera and had no intention of buying anything, I got to practice. Most of the crafts were bright-colored textiles and wood carvings. All of the vendors were (what a surprise!) intent on selling. I picked up a couple of souvenirs and practiced some basic Spanish: "No, gracias!" Even the tug boats were colorful in Guatemala.



And here's Mr. G. as we traveled through the locks of the Panama Canal. It seemed to be a day for blue ships, so I asked him to wear his blue shirt.....just to keep with the colorful theme of the blog, of course.

So now I'm going to look over my loot from today's road trip to M & L Discount Fabrics in Anaheim. Disneyland used to be my favorite Anaheim destination, but not any more.


Mr. G. offered to drive me there and wait in the car reading magazines while I shopped. What a guy! So as soon as the football game is over (Penn State is winning so he's in a good mood!) I'll give him a nice back rub and tell him how lucky I am to have a husband who supports my fabric addiction. Maybe tomorrow I'll mention the yarn shop. No, I probably shouldn't press my luck.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guatemala is super colorful! Mr. G. looks nice in his blue shirt. How do you both manage to cruise and stay so trim? Must be the stewed prunes?