July 27, 2007

Soxes on boxes

Maybe I've misled you. There's really only one sock. There probably won't be a second sock until I make another trip to the yarn store. I usually knit socks with 4 needles...3 to hold the stitches and the 4th to do the knitting (some knitters use 5). If you look closely, you might notice one needle going in a couple of different directions. Yep, I banged it up against the sliding door as I was going outside for a nice sunny photo. Darn. Since I'm just about done with this sock, I guess I could finish the toe with a one-size-larger needle and no one would notice...especially not my toes. But then, there would still be the pending issue of the second sock.

Yesterday morning, as I was drinking my coffee and pacing around the family room trying to decide what fun projects to get into that would divert me from the annoying housework, I looked out the front window and noticed this:
A Canadian goose taking a little rest in our yard. Maybe he thought we needed a lawn decoration. These geese are very prevalent in our area. They annoy the golfers and the folks who clean the mall parking lot. The also wreak havoc over at the airport. It's very unusual to see just one, and I've never before spotted one on our street. I will say he seemed more friendly than the buzzards and the wild turkeys who occasionally pass through with their ever-vigilant eyes and their gobbling. He hung out for a little over an hour and then was gone. Maybe he just needed a little time out from the flock.

So the other day I was shopping for some fabric for the next ladybug doll, and I picked up a little bit of this.....well not for the ladybug exactly:
Many months ago I started gathering fabric and assembling strips for a food quilt.

I have no idea when I'll get to the actual quilting part.....I probably have to figure out how to actually quilt first....heh....heh.... I'm pretty sure, though, that this quilt will have more healthy foods than the junk variety and that's a good thing. Pretzels? Well, I guess they could go either way....

And did I mention, I've been organizing and uploading the China pictures to one of those sharing websites? This morning I waited for a batch of 50 pictures to upload when the system had a malfunction on #29. Darn. Well, maybe not just darn. Good thing I don't have any ice cream in the house. Maybe I'll go peel me a carrot......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just luve your posts! and whole blog. I "lol" (laughed out loud) doncha know it. It's getting hot here in lalaland. Mr. H's weather is 90 and humid in Florida. DOM is in 99 and dry in the desert. I teeter/totter between LB 83 and RB 80 (try to find cooler spot for the am...usually LB and then go to cooler spot in pm...usually RB). Keep those socks and quilts coming...good work. We've even had those noisy geese fly by here and stop in the ditch once or twice. I think they got lost.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, most of my sock needles come in sets of five, so if you still haven't come over to the Dark Side and are only using four, shouldn't you have an extra one around somewhere? Just thinking. (Hint, always buy multiple sets of sock needles...I must have forty size ones in my stash!) As for the goose, don't let him get too comfortable or he'll bring all his friends next year. It's not pretty. Love the fabric and I do have an extensive quilting library, should you need it!