July 23, 2007

Emergency surgery

Don't worry. It wasn't me needing the surgery. It was Tech Guy's jeans. I did a little suturing in four different places, all the while noting other potential trouble spots. I fear it won't be long before these jeans will be making a return visit to the ER. It wasn't very long ago I did this same surgical procedure on BCBF's jeans. I'm becoming quite proficient in this particular field of medicine....

It's quite an ugly day here in our little part of the northeast. It's rainy and cold and I was forced to put on long pants and SOCKS. This is definitely not sock season. Sock season starts sometime in late spring when my feet become all-of-a-sudden too hot. Yes, it happens just that fast. And then sometime in late fall, the reverse happens. My tootsies feel a sudden chill. Things are just all out of sync around here.

The Friday trip to Knitters' Heaven was the perfect birthday wrap-up. I purchased a few things, but didn't go hog wild. I did get myself a blocking board for my knitting projects, now that I've become a better knitter and things are fitting....what with the gauge-checking and all. I also picked up some sock yarn on sale, and a pattern and some dark green worsted-weight yarn for a simple raglan pullover with rolled neck and cuffs. Pictures will have to wait for better weather.

Today, while looking through one of my boxes of stuff here in the treehouse I gathered up this collection of critters.

It's not the brightest picture, what with all the gloominess, but I think these guys will make nice accents to the tissue paper flowers. In fact, I may get my Sculpey out and see if I can make a few more ladybugs. And speaking of ladybugs, I've had a request for another ladybug doll. Lorraine, the ladybug who accompanied me on my last trip out west, was noticed by someone who thought they might like to have one of their own. I tell you, once they start flitting around they're the best kind of advertisement.....

So over the weekend I tried out the video function on my digital camera, and I got some actual footage of Mr. Gadget trimming the hedges. I got up my courage to attempt this only because I noticed when looking at the China pictures that I had accidently taken some video of a street vendor in Shanghai. So I figured if I could do it so easily without any real intent, certainly I could figure out how to do it on purpose. As soon as I can arrange a YouTube tutorial with Tech Guy, there'll be no end of interesting stuff on this blog....heh...heh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the weather discombobulation. We got a little rain the night before last. (The raindance is working some).
Love the little critters....and the emergency surgery on the jeans...ha..ha..ha!
Hope Mr. G. stays away from the serious ER as he works on those hedges!!!! Must go help Mr. H. get ready for the jet blue red eye so he can get to the tropical land to visit DOM. His red eye is much, much better. Tomorrow will be hotter than hell..o for me as I visit DOM out in the desert.