July 09, 2007

Cave dweller

Don't worry. It's not an x-ray of my innards. It's the normally sunny window just above my computer table now completely covered by an ugly dropcloth. The painters have chosen this week to paint the outside of our condo building. Since the weather is warm we have the windows open, so there is endless Spanish chatter and sometimes even some singing. At least they enjoy their work. I just have to remember to close the blinds when I use the bathroom, and to check periodically for bats.

So I'm getting a kick out of todays' news about Rachel Ray and her husband being on the brink of divorce. The story seems to be following the usual sequence: unfortunate news gets out, the subjects of the story deny like all get out, the story ends up being true, the subjects come up with some lame justification for their denial. Now I will say I think it would be challenging to actually live with Rachel, since I haven't ever been able to endure a whole half hour of her TV show, so I do give her hubby credit. In fact, I find most of the TV chefs difficult to stomach....heh...heh. Mania seems to be the primary requirement for the job. Too bad someone like George Page couldn't do a cooking show. Whenever Mr. G watches Nature he falls asleep. On second thought, maybe you wouldn't want someone like that getting too close to the stove.

And what about that guy who robbed a bank dressed as a tree. Don't ya think you'd notice somebody like that standing near you in line? Well, maybe it wasn't like at my bank. Maybe it was a short line and no one had time to call the authorities. I can only wonder if it was one of those banks with branches.....

So I'm all in a dither about the memorial invitations. The lady at the card place told me they could print whatever picture I wanted on them. Well, no they can't. Seems their computer will pick up the background from the picture (whether or not there is a background) and that will likely clash with the card I pick out. I really want a cute little picture of an old Volkswagen. So, by golly, I'm going to do it myself. If I'm not using Waterford crystal, I don't need no fancy ingraved invitations, right?

I'm all out of pictures, and coincidentally, all out of things to blog about. There might be some knitting happening soon.....hopefully before the mania sets in.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is some view!

Now I see how you keep it together just grab some knitting needles...not a bad idea. Ha.