July 11, 2007

Got shoes!

It might look like Mr. Gadget is trying his darndest to irritate me today...wearing his dress shoes with his casual socks and Bermuda shorts. But this is not the case. These are his new west coast dress shoes and he's breaking them in. And he's promised not to wear them any further than just out the back door for this quick photo op.

As it turns out, this is a good day for breaking in shoes. We're stranded in the house anyway.
A very nice painter-type guy rang the doorbell this morning and told me he needed to paint our front door.

"You'll have to leave it open for 4 or 5 hours to dry," he said.

Mr. G was at the gym, so I sat down at the computer to read stuff while Mr. Painter worked. There was no singing though; he worked quietly......while I read about Albert Pujols being ticked off at having to sit on the bench for the entire All Star game last night. Well, I think he has a point. After all, the fans vote for their favorite players, so it seems like they should actually see those players play. But the manager said he was saving him in case the game went into extra innings and he needed a big gun. Poor Albert. Too bad he didn't have one of those Little League parents there to fight for him.

So, further to my memorial planning, today I walked up to the local bakery to check on cake prices and sizes, and decorating options. Mr. G, who was home babysitting the door, has been suggesting a Costco cake, but I've always found them to be a little heavy on the frosting.....and that's really saying something coming from a sugar freak. Well, it seems that a person can order just about anything in the way of a cake, as long as there's no copyright infringement. A cake must abide by the letter of the law. I'm thinking maybe I'll skirt that whole issue entirely by having BCG and TG decorate it. They're both crafty and creative. And now that they're all grown up, I shouldn't have to face this peskiness:

BCG: Mom, he's on my side of the cake! Make him stay on his side!

TG: Her side is bigger than mine! Mom! She just put a big glob of red frosting on my side!

BCG: He's putting frosting in my hair! Mom!!! Make him stop!

Grandpa (looking down from above, grinning): I wish they'd forget the cake. Why can't they just chill a few bottles of Chardonnay.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So apropo for a bro and a sis, I just had a "pot calling the kettle black" conversation on the phone with my bro.

Mr. G's westcoast wardrobe addition is very nice.

Mr. H's news from the docs is all good!!! Whew!