February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!


It seems like a good day to share my west coast heart collection. This is a walnut shell I found on the ground last July when I was accompanying Tech Guy on a treasure hunt I had planned in an effort to keep him busy and distracted from the fact that we wouldn't let him use the car to go down to the beach scouting for surfer babes.

I colored it with a Crayon magic marker in honor of Valentine's Day. It's always amazing to see what nature has to offer. Here is the rest of my collection. This is a pillbox that I've never used for pills. At my age, I need a bigger pill box and one that separates out the pills by day because I've become forgetful. But I'm sure there is a good use for this little box. I think the design on it would lend itself nicely to some embroidery.

And here is a little silver locket. I'm not a frequent wearer of jewelry, so mostly this just sits in my jewelry box. I guess I could be like some women in history who put a lock of their true love's hair in their lockets, but I'm afraid Mr. Gadget doesn't have any to spare.
So today I'm not feeling well. In fact, I pretty well feel like crap. Remember all those admonitions we've heard from well-meaning people to wash our hands frequently to avoid getting sick? It's baloney I tell you! Well, at least I didn't get the Norovirus. Someone probably just sneezed on me on their way to the bottle of anti-bacterial hand sanitizing gel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a big day for me and Mr. Hobbyist, YTG is 24 and hopefully still at college studying. Am enjoying the photos and the commentary on the cruise while Mr. H. is away with his mom in FL. Hope you are feeling much better now that you've rested up from your cruise! Which had to be a lot of FUN!