February 12, 2007

The Cruise



Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. I was suffering from ship lag (not to be confused with jet lag). Since the cruise report does not easily fit into "top ten" categories as I had planned, I'm offering instead a general list of highlights and lowlights. You can be the judge.


FRUIT TARTS. These were quite tasty and quickly became a favorite of Mr. Gadget and I. Sometimes they had strawberry toppings and sometimes melon--probably whatever was left over from the breakfast buffet. I was giving some thought to learning how to make these, but then I remembered that Costco sells them as a whole big pie!


KNITTING GROUP. I noticed quite a few women knitting as I walked around the ship, so one day I left a note for the cruise director to see if she would arrange a get-together during one of the sea days (there were many....stay tuned). The next day we had one, and it was so well received that we asked for another. About a dozen women attended. Most were knitting, but some were crocheting and doing needlepoint. Barbara from Phoenix showed up with her portable spinning wheel and was pretty much the center of attention. She told us she had packed it, along with her knitting and spinning supplies, in a bigger suitcase than the one she packed her clothes in. One woman stopped by to see if anyone in the group could help her with tatting! When no one spoke up, we did what most crafty people do these days. We told her to try the Internet.


MUG LOVE. The Goddess mug met up with this cute little number from the ship's gift shop. I didn't use the Goddess for coffee, even though I fully intended to. I couldn't bare to separate these two! Besides, I quickly found out that the specialty coffees being offered at various spots around the ship were very good, and they served them in those neat paper cups (a la Starbucks) that were very portable. I did have a mishap though. I spilled almost a whole cup on my neat little white crocheted purse. Clorox hasn't fixed it, so now I must find another cup of the same coffee so I can dye the rest of it! Perhaps I need to go on another cruise......


AWARD-WINNING SUNSET. This was taken on one of our last days at sea. The weather was overcast for about half of our journey, so this was a bonus. I kept a watch as the sun was going down, and then grabbed my camera just in time. There's nothing like a beautiful sunset!
So now Mr. Gadget is asking me to accompany him to Costco. I hope they don't have one of those fruit tarts..heh...heh....
To be continued.......






























No comments: