February 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tech Guy!






Today is Tech Guy's 25th birthday. I always feel badly about missing it, what with Mr. G. and I being in sunny SoCal and he being back in the ice and snow. This year his sister has invited him down to the Big City for some birthday festivities and she's been mum on the details. The plan was for him to meet her at Grand Central Station, under the clock I suppose, and they would go for some nice warm coffee concoction at Starbucks. The rest remains a mystery.....

It seems like only yesterday I was giving birth to the little guy. He was two weeks late, which has always surprised me because he's been pretty much the punctual type ever since. The doc finally decided to induce labor, even though I don't believe he was a golfer. Mr. G. sat with me the whole day and wore out a deck of cards playing solitaire. Well, there wasn't much else for him to do really. He's not a knitter.

I don't remember very much about Tech Guy's babyhood, but I do remember he wasn't a big fan of having his hair washed. I would put him in the tub and when it came time to wash his hair I would invent stories about a ladybug family that lived on the ceiling. This would usually keep him entertained long enough for one quick shampoo. He's not fond of me telling these stories now, especially when he has a girlfriend over for dinner.

So tomorrow Mr. Gadget and I will be driving up north to Oakland via one of the most boring roads in the country.....Interstate 5. Here is a picture from our last trip, and you will note there is not much to see. On one trip we saw lots of tomato trucks and on another it was sugar beets. There are a couple of driving routes between here and there, and one goes along the coast and is quite picturesque, but it takes longer. We are usually interested in getting there quickly because my sister-in-law makes a wonderful Korean barbeque and we look forward to it the whole way.

So Mr. G., if he's feeling well and hasn't caught my cold by tomorrow, will do the driving and I'll do the knitting. I have about half a sleeve left to finish on the manly cabled sweater, and then it will be ready for blocking and assembling. I'm pretty sure there'll still be some cold weather left when we get back to Connecticut the first week of March, so it should come in handy.

And by the way, I'm feeling better. I'm definitely gonna live. I'm pretty sure it's because of the chocolate....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you were so busy that February almost a year before I was so busy on Valentine's Day the next year! Happy Birthday to TG!

kathy b said...

They grow up so fast eh? I love your ladybug ceiling imagination! Im certain the Dove chocolate helped.