December 12, 2006

Otherwise Involved



Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately. Mr. Gadget and I have been busy as bees (and not Christmas bees) getting Big City Girl's old room repainted for the return of Tech Guy. Yes, the empty nest was quite comfy while it lasted, but now we're fluffing it up a bit for what should prove to be an interesting adventure. Today is the painting and tomorrow is the moving--with storage locker already secured, since our storage area here at the homefront is already bursting at the seams.

After tomorrow, I'm hopeful of starting some of my Christmas shopping. Maybe I'll just go spend a day at Target. They've probably got something for everyone on my list. Oh.....did I mention I have no list, because I have no idea what anyone wants? Maybe it's just as well. I'll do a little impulse shopping. Maybe it'll be new underwear for everyone. Do I sound a little testy and lacking in holiday spirit? Maybe it's the paint fumes. Maybe a little spiked eggnog would help.

I should mention that the craft fair last Friday was fun, but not particularly profitable. That was partly because I bought myself a beautiful handpainted scarf from one of the other crafters. It's always ok to do some Christmas shopping for yourself, isn't it? My table area was wonderful though, with lots of space around it to get in and out, and they had placed it right in front of a lovely sofa, so I was able to sit and knit in cushy comfort.

So now I'm working on a couple of angel dolls for a friend. I promised her I'd have them ready by Thursday so she can mail them in time for Christmas. I'm very happy with them, and will take a picture for sharing. And my red hat snowlady sold on eBay yesterday and is in the mail on her way to Missouri. She'll be a mother-in-law gift. Life continues to be interesting. For now, I'm moving dolls out and offspring in. I always do try to have a positive outlook. At least now I'll have in-house tech support.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is an interesting development in your neck of the woods. I'll definitely be checking back to see how it's going!