December 20, 2006

Not very Christmasy



Just popping in for a quick post to let everyone know I'm still afloat. Last week I was busy moving Tech Guy out of his apartment, and helping him clean it up a bit with hopes of getting some of his security deposit back. It gave me a chance to get in touch with my "inner scrubwoman." After I thought we were done, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized his fridge was not frost-free, and since there was quite a build-up of frost (defrosting is so not Tech Guy's thing) it might cause some damage when the electricity was shut off. So off we went first thing in the morning, with the hair dryer and a supply of towels, and took care of that.....only to find out later that the landlady planned to get a new fridge since the old one was not.....you guessed it.....frost-free. My inner scrubwoman is still angry.....

Pictured above is a piece of my embroidery which I framed on one of those stretcher bar thingies, and Tech Guy had it hanging in his apartment. I stitched it a long time ago (during one of my embroidery phases) and I think it's mostly done in Pearl cotton. I think I'll keep it handy, since it's suddenly gotten colder here and at least it helps me remember the warm.

I am feeling a little more Christmasy now that the temperature has dipped, and I've started (and almost finished) my shopping, and have half of the Christmas cards in the mail. I even made a batch of fudge. I'll take some with me tonight when we visit some friends for dinner. I'll also be taking the knitted surprise. And if I don't feel enough of the holiday spirit now, I'm sure to feel it later. This friend decorates every square inch of her house for the holidays. She even has a couple of my Santas on display. You know, it never crossed my mind that maybe she scurries to get them out of the back closet when she hears our car in the driveway. Naw, she wouldn't do that. Have you ever been tempted to do that with gifts you've been given? Maybe thought of devoting one part of a shelf for rotating those uncomfortable gifts? I've never given it a thought. Well, maybe just once or twice when my mother-in-law was coming to visit.......heh...heh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the sun embroidery! Oh where, oh where, do you get all this energy? I don't think I've made a handmade gift since elementary school. Paw Humbug, Furry Christmas! Hee, hee.