December 26, 2006

The gifts



One of my Christmas gifts from Mr. Gadget, which he wrapped using his 3 Laws of Wrapping, came with this tag (no Scotch tape required since it came with its own sticky stuff.) He's not one of my regular blog readers (otherwise he'd know I call him Mr. Gadget), but he does pretend to be interested. "Did you blog today?" he'll usually ask. If I say yes, he'll ask me what I blogged about. I usually tell him, unless I've written something so silly I'm embarrassed to say, in which case I'll make up a story.

So Gadget Guy gave me an MP-3 player for Christmas. I had mentioned not long ago that the local library was starting an audio book program that would allow downloads from home onto one of these gadgets. I thought it might be a way to make walking on the treadmill more endurable, and then I could get my doctor to stop nagging me about the exercise issue. So now I have to read the instructions and figure out how to use it.....and that sounds like mental exercise. Maybe I'll just go outside, gadgetless, for a little jog......

After dinner, the four of us sat around and played this game that Big City Girl gave her father. We're all fans of trivia games and this one looked like fun, what with it being Jeopardy-like and all. The problem was the instructions were too long and complicated. We needed Ken just to explain it to us, and he was nowhere around. I'm thinking after he got unseated at Jeopardy, he went on to design board games and sucked us all in, and added to his millions and had the last laugh. Not nice Ken!

And Big City Girl thoughtfully gave her brother a new toy....one of these. Fortunately, no one got hurt, and later on we burned all the wrapping paper in the nice fire Mr. Gadget built, as is our annual tradition, and roasted marshmellows--thereby using up all of TG's ammunition.

Today I cleaned up the battlefield, I mean the family room, and then I decided to cut out a few doll parts from Christmas fabric I found on sale. It's never too early to plan a head...heh...heh... Besides, it's kinda quiet here in the treehouse. I could use some company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is some gift from BCG to T G. So new millenium! Mr. H. and OTG were back to work yesterday and YTG went back to his room near school so it was exceptionally quiet around here so I had to leave the house to get some noise.