December 07, 2006

Blog Medley



Here is one of the ornaments from Big City Girl's collection. I'm featuring it here today because, strange as it must sound, the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile can be credited with prodding me along toward blogdom. Once, when I was in California, I was coming out of a store (why yes, it was a fabric store!) and I spotted the real Weinermobile parked at the curb. I doubt that the driver was in the fabric store. I would imagine he was in the Elephant Bar next door...heh...heh. But I remember thinking how great it would have been to have had a digital camera so I could have snapped a picture. I mean, how often do you see the real thing?! So it wasn't too long afterwards that I sent Mr. Gadget out to shop for one. And then once you've got a camera, you've gotta have a blog.

Now you're probably wondering why I didn't go out shopping for the camera myself. That's because Mr. Gadget is also known as Mr. Negotiator. He wears many hats. I inform him of the features I want in a gadget (it should have an on-off switch and one of those zoom thingies) and he goes out and gets the absolute minimum price with extra things thrown in.....like things I'll never use. That's how I ended up with my first new car with seat warmers.

Mr. Gadget has other skills too. He's very good with knives. Last night while we were watching Jeopardy, he peeled himself an orange with such mastery that I asked if I could take a picture for the blog. He consented. I'm not sure how he learned this, but I'm wondering if it was in Catholic school. That's an experience, and a lesson, I missed......

So today I've been getting my things ready for the craft fair tomorrow at the health care facility. Since I didn't remove the dolls in a timely fashion from the crates I transported them in last weekend, I now find that some ironing is in order. I do plan to have it all done by early evening, so I can watch a women's basketball game and work on the elderberry sweater knitting. Yesterday I found the pattern under a pile of fabric in a stack of papers. The only problem is I'll only be able to knit up to the sleeves. The pattern for those is on the back of the pattern sheet and for some reason I didn't copy that. Wouldn't it be great if you could do a Google search for missing things in your house? Maybe those big high-paid tech guys can start working on that. And while they're at it, maybe they can figure out where those missing socks go......

No comments: