November 01, 2006

Angels



Today I finished the two angels and sent their pictures to the lady who ordered them. She was very pleased, and plans to pick them up on Friday. I guess she was happy with the carrot-top hair. When I picked out the fabric for the outfits, I had the auburn hair color in mind. But I think they look fine with the brighter shade. I've actually gotten pretty good at justifying all of my color combinations. I just call them "whimsical."

I was about to clean up the treehouse after I did the last bit of stitching on the angels, and then I decided to do a little more fiddling with the Santa ornament. He's coming along, but still needs tweaking. His hat doesn't flop over on its own, which is what I had in mind. I'll try a little different design. And the wired holly isn't going to work for the hat trim....it's too big. I may be able to find it in a smaller version, or I might just cut a couple of tiny holly leaves out of green felt and sew on a few red beads. I'll post a picture next time; Blogger must be sleepy tonight.

So Mr. Gadget and I will soon be closing up our respective shops here in the Connecticut homestead and getting ready for another trip west. We'll be leaving on Saturday morning for two weeks, the last of which will be a 7-day Mexican cruise. My sewing machine will get a much-deserved rest, and I'll take back up with my sock knitting. Blogging should continue, uninterrupted, for the next week or so from the west coast. I can only imagine how you all must be looking forward to a curmudgeon update.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you have time on the west coast to meet for "coffee"? I expect you get a lot of frequent flyer miles?