November 19, 2006

Reality sucks, I mean returns

Mr. Gadget and I are back from our cruise, and the laundry basket overfloweth. Mr. G. already has his suitcase unpacked and has separated out his dirty clothes. Mine still sits on the floor, but it is opened and I'll get to it eventually. He's a prompt, efficient person. I'm much less efficient and I procrastinate. We've been married 25 years because of the old saying that "opposites attract." Well, that and the fact that neither one of us would look forward to going through the horrid dating scene again......Just kidding Mr. G!

Here are a few highlights of our cruise. The sunsets are always wonderful and this cruise was no exception. This picture was taken early in the cruise as we sailed south out of Los Angeles harbor.

Another favorite cruising activity is the eating. There are endless ops to put on pounds. This guy poses near the pizza counter. Just a few steps away is another guy with a hamburger. And if this wasn't enough, there were the regular 3 meals available in the dining room, the almost-always-open buffet, afternoon tea, specialty buffets on the pool deck throughout the week (Mexican, sushi, and desserts to name a few) and the ice cream place. And don't forget room service, just in case there might have been 5 minutes with no food available elsewhere. Mr. G. and I were disappointed (but not surprised) to find that our sailaway clothes didn't fit so well on the last day. He's off to the gym this morning, and he very thoughtfully invited me to go. I politely declined however. I'm having coffee and chocolates for breakfast. After all, tomorrow is Monday....


Why yes, there were even a few knitting ops. Here I am working on the gray striped socks. Notice the cruise bruise on my left arm? I have no idea how that happened. I assure you it was not Mr. Gadget's doing. It must have been one of those pushy people in the buffet line. Someone who might have thought I was about to beat them to the chocolate eclairs or the strawberry tarts. I thought I had learned to recognize and steer clear of well-seasoned cruisers who have mastered the art of buffet-line interruptus, especially when it comes to sweets, but I must have let my guard down for a moment.

So now I guess I should go unpack and think about starting the washing machine, and maybe I should make a short grocery list. I suppose I'll have to make the bed too. Where the heck is Jeffrey the room steward? I guess it's time to get back to reality......but maybe I'll just have one more chocolate first.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cruise looks like a lot of fun and way too much food for Mr. Hobbyist and I. We are already suffering from too much food since Fall began. We have no overindulgence control these days which we note as we try to wiggle into our shrinking clothing! Must be the hot water washing, yeah right!

Wonder if they have cruises with bread and water only? That would be very good for us! Love your picture with the mountainous coast off in the distance! I could cruise just for the scenery!