September 21, 2006

Sweater fixins'

Here is a mountain o' shawl-collared sweater pieces, posed next to a 1.5 liter bottle of Poland Spring water, looking out over some of the view from the treehouse. I'm looking forward to starting the assembly of the sweater, but not so much to the drinking of the water. I've never been a water drinker, or a milk drinker for that matter. I was the child who had to sit at the dinner table, long after everyone else was gone, to finish my glass of milk. It's possible my disinterest in milk sent me to see Mr. Dentist more often than I wanted, but I've never broken a bone, and my doc says my bones are in excellent shape. BCG and TG were the same way; one liked milk, one did not. I never pushed it. I tend to think the body has a wisdom all its own and I don't like to interfere.
Here is the alphabet quilt I made for Big City Girl, as promised. You can click on the picture to get a better view. I've had this put away, out of harm's way, for the last few years. I'm thinking now that BCG has moved away, and Mr. Gadget and I are planning to repaint and spruce up her room, maybe I'll put it back on the bed. Now that her Play Dough and finger-painting days are over, she might enjoy sleeping under it when she visits occasionally.

I also made a quilt for Tech Guy. For a non-quilting kind of a gal, I surprise even myself. His is a crazy quilt. I made it out of many of the fabric scraps from clothes I made him when he was a baby and a toddler. I even embroidered things on it.....like expressions he used and pets and special dates. It's sitting in a basement closet, providing a haven for spiders I fear. It's in a bit of a state of disrepair. Some of the seams have come undone and the backing has torn. He was always quite fond of it and never sat on it when painting or gluing. I'm sure a few lizards walked across it though, and maybe even a snake slithered across. And now probably spiders. I'll try to put all of that out of my mind when I retrieve it for the repair work. On second thought, maybe I'll see if Mr. Gadget would mind......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the milk thing! They would make me drink some I didn't mind it too much however, as I found out later, it can make one's body produce mucus, and did I ever have a lot of "snot" back then!!! Glad your bones are good. I haven't broken a bone yet but no one compliments me on my bones, even the doctor. Just hope they hold up for me for the rest of my life.

The quilt is beautiful! Can hardly wait to see the crazy quilt!