September 05, 2006

Headin' west



I'll be heading out west tomorrow for a week. My traveling companions are all ready, and just a bit anxious to get going. At the moment they're sitting on my suitcase. I'll have to boot them off in a little while because I need to pack.

Mr. Gadget, bless his heart, has agreed to take me to the airport for a 7 a.m. flight. We'll be getting up at 4, and hitting the road by 4:45. There are benefits to leaving that early. The traffic will be light, I'll arrive on the west coast before noon, and sometimes I get to see a beautiful sunrise over "the city."

I think I'm up-to-date on the new carry-on baggage rules. I'll be taking my big knitting needles, my small scissors and my nail file. I'll be leaving the dangerous stuff home....the toothpaste, the shampoo and the hand lotion.

I'll be back to the blog in a day or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage! That's something about the dangerous stuff--tooth paste, shampoo and hand lotion? What a world we live in.