September 03, 2006

The "M" witch



I finished Miss "M" yesterday and took a picture to send to my friend, the intended recipient. She was very happy, and wanted to know if I still had Winona because she might want to buy her too, to give as a gift. But Winona had already flown off to the senior shop. Besides, it's probably best if I don't have a huge entourage when I fly out west next week. After talking to hubby, I've decided to let my dolls travel along with me rather than send them on ahead. He says plastic doesn't show up in an x-ray, and believe me he should know. He could just as easily be called Mr. Plastic as Mr. Gadget.

Anyway, Miss "M" has a nice purple flower on her hat, and even nicer purple boots....they just look blue. I've tried to manipulate the color, but when I get the right purple, poor Miss "M" looks a little seasick.

Now that the witch is finished...and by the way, I'll be naming her soon and putting a little nametag on her with some cute rubber stamp letters I found yesterday......I'm getting ready to finish the second cat for Olga. I was feeling rather smug that I already had the cat parts, so I'd be saving time by just having to do the assembling. Seems it's not going to be that simple. When reviewing my cat parts, I found that I had three paws and one foot. So I tea-dyed some more muslin to make another foot, but it's a different shade. Not feeling quite so smug now.

Yesterday I finally got around to taking the house key back to my neighbors after the cat-sitting job I did for them last week. The lady of the house, who is queen of all things domestic, was baking some cookies--some little sugary delights with a lemon creme filling. So, don't you know, later in the day my doorbell rang and it was her with a plate of cookies. They were delicious, and I was quite impressed by the paper-plate thingie she delivered them in.


I'm probably the last one to know about these. You can put your cookies, or a nice slice of pumpkin pie, on one plate, and turn another one over on top of it and press it down securely using those little notches around the edge. So I'm thinking that next time someone gives me a special treat with lemon or chocolate, I'll put it in one of these and stick it in the back of the fridge.....after having written "lab sample...do not touch" on the top with a bright red pen.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, Marcia, I am the last to know about the neat pie plastic paper thingy from your neighbor--very cool! The "M" witch is so well done! Keep up the good work.

Have a great trip to SoCal and if you have time give me a ringy dingy or drop me an email and perhaps we could have a brief get together at a mutually acceptable spot.