January 01, 2007

Shawl-collared Blogiversary


It's truly a day for celebration here at the Macaroni Monologues. I've finished the Noro shawl-collared jacket, as well as one whole year of blogging. While one was fraught with more than a fair share of frustration, the other was nothing but fun! Two of my favorite activities in life are knitting and sewing and all-things-crafty (that all falls under one umbrella) and writing. The blog has given me a wonderful opportunity to share about my creative projects in a fun and silly way. So I plan to forge ahead with one more year, and who knows what kinds of adventures will be in store.

It's pretty bleak in the northeast today, but who's complaining! It's in the 50's. Mr. Gadget and I have been busy putting Christmas things away. He took the outside lights down, and I did the tree....except for the tree lights which is always his job. I'm more than willing to help, but he has a system. Well, I did note a small glitch, but I think it can be fixed next year by tying a piece of bright fabric on the end of the light string to make it easier to find.

Our New Years Eve festivities were a little disappointing this year. Mr. G. and I met some friends at a local restaurant--a repeat of last years' celebration. While the food was excellent, the service was very poor. It almost seemed like two or three waiters had called in sick. And even though we had made a reservation some time ago, and had confirmed it early yesterday, they didn't have our name on the list. However, we were seated without much of a delay....they must have sized us up as honest folks.....and then we waited and waited. The meal progressed slowly, with many reminders to the waitstaff that we were still there. But the biggest disappointment was that they ran out of creme brulee.......one of my reasons for living. I had to settle for cheesecake.

So today, as I ponder whether I should have asked for a raincheck on the creme brulee, I'm thinking about crafty projects for the new year. I've been pondering ways to improve on my dollmaking techniques. I'd like to learn how to make dolls with bare feet. I just think they look cute with those little needle-sculpted toes--the angels especially. Maybe not so much the witches or the Red Hat ladies, but you never know! I found some great advice here. And I'm wondering if I can attach hair to some of my dolls using needle-felting techniques. I'd also like to try my hand at designing some of my own dolls, and doing more needle-sculpted faces. I'd just dive right in if it weren't for Mr. G's shirts that need ironing and the load of laundry I meant to do yesterday. You know, I think I remember Mr. G. mentioning he might have seen creme brulee at Costco.......

2 comments:

Conni said...

That is a beautiful jacket - love the colors!

Happy Blog Anniversary and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! and the jacket is magnifeeco! Bravo, bravo.